Vision es Italia -Othello/ Omkara.
It was right 8.00 in the morning and I was sitting at my desk with PVR written in “Lucida Console”.
I never read Othello, and now I realize my mistake. God knows what makes me incline towards Dons and their lifes.
Omkara was one of very few movies which I really wanted to see.
I was feeling fizz in my veins while coming out of theater and I felt as Shakespeare would have smiled …….
Okie……..
Omi (Omkara) destroys his own world. Credited :Langda Tyagi.
In fact Saif Ali Khan is the chief player in the scheme of things. The actor delivers an exceptional performance that truly deserves an award. His very gait and mannerisms ooze deviousness. The way he wraps his arm around the shoulder-strap of a rifle.... the way he chews tobacco..... the way he walks with a limp...... the way he smiles his wily grin through his yellow teeth and the way he speaks the rustic UP dialect..– all of it lends immense credibility to his character of the scheming Langda Tyagi. Moreover, Saif shows his command over hurling the choicest of verbal abuses (the most vulgar ones) in the convincing accent.
A must watch.In the end, what you take away from Omkara is the knowledge that a classic script always has the power to move us up, O' provided it is handled by a director who knows his craft, and actors who understand their job.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home